The most important physical quality in athletics is speed. Just as an athlete learns to kick, throw, catch and shoot they must learn the proper techniques of linear and multidirectional speed. Athletes who master these fundamentals improve performance and more importantly enhance their durability and injury resilience. The main objective is to improve movement efficiency during competition. Game Speed is the ideal speed an athlete will move at utilizing proper body position that increases his ability to successfully perform their task. This includes sprinting, changing direction, weaving, cutting, and maneuvering in space to evade or defend an opponent.
We provide world class training in a positive, confidence-building atmosphere in which hard work and fun are equally encouraged. The workouts become progressively more challenging after fundamental movements and basic techniques have been mastered. Every workout is designed to follow a specific sequence optimizing performance while avoiding over training.
- Pillar & Movement Prep - drills to improve flexibility, mobility, core strength and coordination while decreasing risk of injury during training.
- Explosive Power - jumping, hopping, throwing, landing and deceleration progressions and techniques.
- Linear Speed - drills designed to enhance acceleration, deceleration, transitioning and top speed with an emphasis on injury prevention.
- Multidirectional Speed - drills designed to improve deceleration, lateral and rotational movement skills, change of direction and reactive agility.
- Relative Strength - increase the ability to generate power, control and move your body through space.
- Work Capacity - enhance ability to maintain high levels of effort for longer periods of time during competition.
- Mindset - introduce & practice techniques to build mindfulness, enhance focus and recover.